Friday, June 25, 2010

Akuma na Eros (悪魔なエロス)

Ok, I've been reading manga like crazy lately. Probably cause I don't go outside my house for days at a time...
So while searching for things to read I came across this manga with a rather interesting name. The reason why I picked up on the name is because it reminded me of what Kazune-kun says when he is in kamika (Kamichama Karin).
At first when I read the summary it kinda turned me off. A highschooler named Sakurai Miu has a crush on the school's idol Amamiya Shion. Miu always prays to god that she will grow out of her childish features and her small chest, and prossibly capture Amaiya's heart. When all else fails she turns to this spell book she had bought at a second hand book store, and when she uses it who else will appear but Satan himself. I thought great another story about a girl falling in love with a demon, and although I thought this i still read it.
While it is true that she does fall in love with Akuma (Satan) at the end the plot offers so much more!
In the beginning for Akuma making Miu's wish of Amamiya falling in love with her a reality she has to pay a price, her virginity. In the end while she does fall in love with Akuma, he also truly falls in love with her as well.
There's a lot of things throughout the story that made my original opinion of this manga being a shoujo repition of other Satan/Demon mangas, wrong. Through the plot, this story turns into a fight between Heaven and Hell, justice, and ultimatly a battle for love.
As for the artwork, I think the guy's were drawn sexy, and Miu was drawn adorable. I loved how this mangaka made the character's look cute while they held a sense of reality and no chibiness. This to me was a great read, although it does have a bit of hentai which i dont really read. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment